Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's finally snowing!!  Soft white flakes are falling outside my window.  As much as I complain about the weather here, you'd think I'd be dreading the onslaught of winter snow, but it's not Christmas without snow.  Yesterday I did a bunch of shopping and then decorated my house.  I even put lights in the windows this year.  Last year I did almost no decorating, so it was fun to go through all the boxes and pull out things I had forgotten about.  Now I just have to find someone who's willing to come over and help me get my tree upstairs.  (they might have to help with a few other tasks as well, but we'll start with the tree) 

Talked to Tommy this morning, he'd been trying to reach me the last few days, but I'd been falling asleep on the couch and then going upstairs when the sun came up without my cell phone.  He called nice and early this morning-before 10 (eegads! doesn't he know that you're supposed to sleep in on the weekends and any other day you're able?)  Anyways, we talked for almost an hour, which is impressive for t-dubs.  As nice as it is to talk to him, it just makes me miss him more.  I know he's doing this for all of us, but it's still hard knowing he's in harm's way.  C4 and I sent him some packages when I was in NJ a few weeks ago, and he has accused me and the rest of America of trying to give the Marine Corps diabetes.  He said they've been sent boxes and boxes of candy and sweets.  However, he said he still wanted to get some Christmas cookies and Christmas Ale if I could figure out a way to get it to him.   Right now he said the only thing they really run out of is coffee, so if anyone wanted to send something, ground coffee is the best choice and long as it's not some (earmuffs children) "weird flavored crap".

Gotta go catch some snowflakes on my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment