Where to begin? It's been another crazy year and I'm not sure it can all be put into words. To prep for this post I skimmed all my posts for the past year and realized how much of my blogging revolved around work and school. Apparently, there's not much other excitement in my life. How sad and boring is that? So this year I'm hoping to focus more on the goings on in my life outside of work and my thoughts on the world around me. We'll see how it works out...Hopefully I won't bore you to death with narratives on politics, healthcare and home renovation projects.
Goals for 2010:
Travel somewhere exotic (passport required!)
Remove all the spackle from my walls
Exercise more so that I can start wearing Annie's clothes
Maintain a positive outlook
Volunteer with the USO
Learn to sew
Cook more meals at home, pack lunches for work
Stop texting and make actual phone calls to friends and family
Seek out new experiences
Decrease energy use
Knit something other than a hat, scarf or cowl.
Embrace the present
Spend more time outdoors (every season!)
Join facebook (eegads! I'm contemplating giving in. I thought I could fight the power and the peer pressure, but alas, I am weak.)
Cut back on retail shopping
Continue to take advantage of my local library
Embrace my inner grown up
Avoid fast food (exception-Dunkin Donuts Coffee)
Think that's enough for now, with any luck I'll post updates monthly and let you all know how I'm doing with my list. Hope you're all enjoying a happy and healthy new year. Feel free to post a goal in the comments and we can keep each other focused throughout the year.
How can you use less energy? You already 'steal' it from your neighbors. Force yourself to cook by inviting people over for dinner. We're free next week.
ReplyDeletevery funny mom. and there's no stealing, just an over-reliance on their insulation. don't forget your tools when you come over, I have lots of projects you can help with.
ReplyDelete