After spending the weekend with Tommy and the Prints, we headed north to DC. If you read my other blog, then you already know how directionally challenged I am when it comes to DC. Annie and I hit traffic outside of Fredricksburg and it continued on into DC. I don't think she ever really believed my about the traffic. Now she does. However, our planning was poor. Who knew the day after Easter is the egg roll at the White House? An estimated 30,000 people attended. That's way too many tourists for my liking. When I lived in DC, I did all the touristy things on a random afternoon, so I was a little overwhelmed by the masses. But, the cherry blossoms were in bloom, which made it all worthwhile.








And yes...I managed to get lost and drive around DuPont Circle looking for "north hampshire" for at least 45 minutes. Never did find North Hampshire. Weird. Annie? Getting out of DC we made a loop to get to the parkway, but we did drive through Georgetown, which I absolutely love. Despite what a hassle it is to drive in DC, I still love it. There's so much to see and do that I don't think you can get it all done in a lifetime. Maybe one day I'll move back, but until then, I had a great day exploring the city with Annie.








And yes...I managed to get lost and drive around DuPont Circle looking for "north hampshire" for at least 45 minutes. Never did find North Hampshire. Weird. Annie? Getting out of DC we made a loop to get to the parkway, but we did drive through Georgetown, which I absolutely love. Despite what a hassle it is to drive in DC, I still love it. There's so much to see and do that I don't think you can get it all done in a lifetime. Maybe one day I'll move back, but until then, I had a great day exploring the city with Annie.
No comments:
Post a Comment