Saturday, June 12, 2010

Philly Zoo

Decided to take the kids to the zoo. They loved it, just not the commute to Philly. It's no secret that I love Philly, and any excuse to visit the city of brotherly love is good enough for me. The zoo was not as I remembered it from when I took Charlie in 2007. Sadly there weren't as many animals, but the kids had a good time regardless. The lego animals were interesting, but a poor substitute for the real thing.




The river otters were a huge hit. The kids could have watched them play for hours.



Surpised that Sarah actually went into the petting zoo and then that she was ok with brushing the goats. However, feeding them was not her thing.

If I smile like this, you can see my missing teeth.


So the kids are watching the bear through the window...

He/she decides to come to the window and greet the kids.

And this is the result, Sarah running in terror to the stroller to get away from the bear.

Peacocks are loud. They may be pretty, but they'd be terrible pets.

Super cool lego penguin.

Spent a lot of time in the reptile house. The kids were so intruiged by the turtles, frogs and snakes. Well maybe not Sarah who kept saying, "yuck snakes".
Lego Polar Bear. I can't not even imagine how long it took to put that together.

We played peek-a-boo with the Ostrich. I should have made a video, it was beyond hysterical and the kids were cracking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment