When we last encountered our fearless heroine, she was in the midst of finals and on the verge of graduation.
Ellie made it through finals and graduated from The Ohio State University!
Annie actually did a really great post about graduation and has family pics posted. Her blog is up to date, which is way more than I can say. Anyways, we had a great time in Columbus and I can't thank all my family and friends enough for their support and encouragement while I stuggled through school and clinicals. Still haven't ruled out grad school, I'm taking the GRE next month, so the griping about school might become a feature segment on this blog as well.
After graduation, it was back to work as usual. Nothing too exciting or notable that I can recall. During this time I did start working at our major competitor down the street. My job in the Peds ER is great. I've been enjoying it despite how exhausted I am after a shift. I've missed doing a lot of the bedside care and patient education that I get the opportunity to do in the ER. Annie, Liz and I did spend a night out with my co-workers. They throroughly enjoyed meeting the two of them.
In July, it was once again time for a family vacay. This year we headed out to Cape Cod to vacation with the Kennedy's. Sadly, the weather was terrible, and we didn't get a lot of beach time. Plenty of shopping and indoor entertainments, but no brown sugar tan for me. Oh well. Once again, I'll refer you to Annie's blog for lots and lots of photos and a full recap of our activities.
On our way home from the Cape, Annie and I stopped on the American side of Niagra Falls.
August came and went way too fast. We had a crazy heat wave that made the middle of the month that was almost unbearable. Let me just say that flight suits do not breathe in 90+ degree heat. It didn't cool off at night and I was tempted to turn on my A/C, but fought the power and sweltered with the rest of Ohio. It finally cooled off, and Tommy got sent home for a visit. Not sure about how the USMC decides who gets R&R visits, but whatevs, our Tommy got to leave the desert and my diet went on hiatus as well. Yes, Annie and I are still on WW. Annie is still winning, and she'll tell you that "I suck at WW", which for most of the summer has been true, but on the bright side, I'm maintaining and that's half the battle.
We had lots of fun family times during Tommy's visit and all the cousins got to spend a weekend causing chaos at grandma's. Good times.
Made a batch of cookies with my nephews. Not an experience I'll attempt again soon. The cookies were great, the mess, not so good. When the kids were over the other day, Elliott asked me to make cookies. I kept distracting him with toys.
Tommy and I drove out to South Bend to meet up with Charlie, Rachel, C4 and Sarah at Notre Dame. We spent a day wandering around campus and then went to the ND/Nevada game the next day. Games are so much more fun when the home team wins.
Tommy had to go back to Afghanistan on Sunday morning, hoping he got back ok, he's probably still in transit, but we should here from him soon. He'll be home for good sometime in April, and we're all looking forward to him being safe and stateside.
Think that's all for now. Not a super detailed recap, but you get the gist. Hopefully now that I'm up-to-date, I'll post more frequently. This week has been crazy already with work, class and a cold that just won't go away. Hope you're all doing well.














No comments:
Post a Comment