In anticipation of my test on Friday, I've been researching my grad school options so that I have a list of schools ready to receive my stellar scores. And the list of options are:
#1- Ohio State
It's the obvious choice, and they just got accredited for the pediatric acute care option, which makes it practically a slam dunk. (never mind that all my references will be coming from their con) classes are online, and I can do all my clinicals in Cleveland.
#2-Vanderbilt
Hmm, Nashville. An interesting option. Same time frame as OSU, online, with one or two visits to campus per semester on weekends. More expensive, but a place I had planned on ending up at when I traveled, but never made it. Their Children's Hospital is frickin phenomenal and their transport program is way better than ours, so it has a lot of potential for further career development.
#3-University of California-San Francisco
Probably the best program beside the one at U of Pennsylvania, but also the farthest from home. I'd have to relocate, which I'm not adverse to, but would probably need to move in the near future and establish residency to get the cheaper rate. If you work at UCSF they take 2/3's off the in state tuition rate, which would then make it a viable option.
#4-University of Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
This would be my dream school, best ACPNP program in the nation, but also a total longshot for me. Never mind that it is completely out of my price range. It's almost $60,000, and it's highly recommended that you don't work while enrolled. However, the location is key. I would totally move to Philly. Sadly, the Ivy League price tag and I are not compatible. Bummer.
So those are the options. Feel free to weigh in with your opinions. I'm still open to suggestions. Guess I should end this study break and get back to the dreaded math section study guide. Blech.
duh, UCSF!
ReplyDeletewhat about UC Davis? not that I'm biased or anything... but the med center is down the street from me, and they are just adding a nursing program, not sure when it will officially start
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/nursing/
UCSF!!!
ReplyDelete